Tuesday 30 November 2010

SHORT AND SWEET

After writing these reviews, I have realised that they are very short but then what's the point in me ramling on? Overall I found this week a pretty good week for the cinema industry!

Faye

UNSTOPPABLE
23rd Nov 2010 (12A)

Director: Tony Scott
Verdict: I have to admit that when I first saw the trailer for this film, I laughed because I couldn’t believe that it was possible to make a thriller about a train. But they did and they managed it pretty well. For the entertainment it would be about five stars but I wouldn’t say Chris Pine delivered his best performance and looking at the film realistically, it’s ridiculous! For entertainment I give it a worthy rating!

THE AMERICAN
26th Nov 2010 (15)

Director: Anton Corbijn
Verdict: I wasn’t too keen on going to see this but it just sort of happened! If you are looking for your usual George Clooney action film then this isn’t it. At first I found it rather slow and throughout the film I felt like I was always waiting for something to happen. But upon reflection, I feel like this is purposely constructed by the director, and to be honest, it did keep me interested. If you are looking for a film with a topless lady throughout the film then this is the film for you! It does slightly irritate me in films when there isn’t much of a soundtrack and I did find with this film that I struggled to eat my sweets in the cinema because there were so many silences! Overall I thought the film was pretty effective but I’m not sure I would rush to see it again.

MEGAMIND
27th Nov 2010 (PG)

Director: Tom McGrath
Verdict: I thought this looked OK but I wasn’t too fussed about rushing to see it. I am so glad I did as I thought it was brilliant! If you are looking for a funny, 3D animation with excellent effects then you should definitely go and see this film. I was so impressed by how much detail was in the animation and I thought all the voices suited the characters very well. It kept me happy and alert the whole way through with its suitable soundtrack and effective 3D and I loved the storyline. I definitely recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment