Wednesday 24 November 2010

THE BAD AND THE GOOD (I forgot the stars)

I have left these reviews very late because my motivation is quite low at the moment. I have finally managed to write them though:

YOU AGAIN (U)
(Cannot remember when I went to see this)

Director: Andy Fickman
Verdict: I couldn’t even face writing this review because it seems so pointless. This week was a rough one for the film world because it sat between Due Date and Harry Potter and didn’t have much to offer. I couldn’t let my unlimited card go to waste so I went to see this film with not very much excited. I had read a lot of bad reviews on this but I then read one good review and thought, what the hell! I now understand where all these bad reviews were coming from. The fact the film was certificated with a U did put me off quite a lot because I wondered why it was so tame. The film focused on a mother and a daughter and how their high school problems come back to haunt them. The film as a whole could have been a lot better if it wasn’t made so tame. The music sometimes felt like I was watching a Disney film and I was really confused about what audience they were trying to accommodate to. Overall, a below average film. 

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1
19th Nov 2010 (12A)

Director: David Yates
Verdict: I have been disappointed by the Harry Potter films in the past but this time I was not! I really loved it the whole way through which led me to see it twice! The first time I saw it, it was shown on a digital screen which I hadn’t experienced before, and I was so impressed by the sharp picture and got slightly excited. I loved the relationships portrayed in this film as Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe managed to act so close, but yet not too close; this was particularly highlighted in the dancing scene which I absolutely loved and found so effective. The whole time I just wanted Hermione and Ron to kiss so I cannot wait for the next one! Rupert Grint acted very well in this film and I was very impressed by his performance. The screen time put me off before I went into the film but it didn’t seem that long at all because I was totally gripped! One bad point for me was that I found it pretty scary at times, but that’s just me being a wimp! I cannot believe I have to wait months for the next part!

No comments:

Post a Comment