Monday 28 February 2011

A FILM FOR EVERYONE...

I feel really bad again as I am delayed in writing these reviews, I have had a lot of university work recently which I have wanted to get out the way. Although these films aren’t as good as the previous ones, it is still a good bunch!

I would also just like to add that I am slightly angry with ‘The King’s Speech’ winning so many Oscars but I am very pleased that Christian Bale won Best Male Supporting Role.

Faye

PAUL (15)

Director: Greg Mottola
Verdict: I was really looking forward to seeing this film as I absolutely love ‘Shaun of the Dead’ and enjoyed ‘Hot Fuzz’ but I was slightly disappointed with their (Simon Pegg and Nick Frost) latest release. Although the effects were extremely better than before and it had a Hollywood feel to it, I cannot but feel that this is the reason it did not live up to my expectations. It did make me laugh, but it just wasn’t original as their previous films as it was predictable throughout and I feel like they were trying to please everyone, rather than trying to be different. Overall it did make me laugh but it didn’t live up to my hopes but I’m sure a lot of people will love it which is why I have rated it so.

GNOMEO AND JULIET 3D (U)

Director: Kelly Asbury
Verdict: I really don’t want to spend my time talking about this film too much because I honestly don’t think it’s worth it! Although I did laugh, I’m not sure I would need a second hand to count how many times. I felt like all the best bits were in the trailer which is one thing I truly hate to happen and do not even get me started on the 3D…! If anything it was non existent and I could have watched it without the glasses. I do, however believe that children would love it but I thought the trailer was slightly misleading.

I AM NUMBER FOUR (12A)

Director: D. J Caruso
Verdict: I wasn’t expecting too much from this film because I only went to see it because I am a fan of Alex Pettyfer. However, I really enjoyed it and thought it was pretty good! The cinema screen was packed which surprised me. I thought the effects were really good compared to similar films. I am quite looking forward to the sequels as I didn’t originally know that it was going to be part of a series but they set the ending up really well for another film. My only negative would be that I felt it was quite frightening for a 12A and I wouldn’t have been happy if I had brought my eight year old child along to see it, but I heard no crying so maybe I’m too soft!

DRIVE ANGRY 3D (18)
Director: Patrick Lussier
Verdict: I would just like to say that I got dragged along to see this film by my persistent boyfriend. I really did not want to see this as it did not appeal to me whatsoever as I expected a hot girl who was most definitely going to make me jealous, rubbish one liners, the monotone Nicolas Cage and a lot of unnecessary shooting; and this is what I got! I had heard a review for this film and he said not to take it too seriously, which I didn’t, but I can honestly say that I still didn’t enjoy it. I thought the plot was really weak and I didn’t think the film was put together particularly well. However, if you’re a guy who loves Nicolas Cage, some eye candy, a lot of swearing and shooting then you may love it!

NO STRINGS ATTACHED (15)

Director: Ivan Reitman
Verdict: I did enjoy this film as I knew I would because I love a good romance. The main reason I liked it was because I thought the characters and the acting were very real and believable. The film was definitely better when there was an increase of pace and soundtrack, but overall I believe both guys and girls would enjoy this film for what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment