Thursday 28 October 2010

AT LONG LAST.

I apoligise for the long delay on this post but I have been trying to get my head down and write my three uni assignments (but they aren't going very well). In the two weeks I have seen three films so it was time for me to write my reviews. Thanks for reading!

Faye


THE DEATH AND LIFE OF CHARLIE ST CLOUD
19th Oct 2010 (12A)

Director: Burr Steers
Verdict: Looking back on it, I really liked this film. When it began and the brothers were being sickly sweet with one another, I was praying it was going to improve and I’m happy to say that it did. I found some parts predictable but at other times I was genuinely quite spooked and moved. I thought Zac Efron’s performance (and appearance!) was impressive and I don’t think he gets the credit he deserves sometimes. I’m quite sure it deserves to be four stars but it’s definitely worthy of three and a half. I really hope that in the future, Efron can play more respected roles.

RED
22nd Oct 2010 (12A)

Director: Robert Schwentke
Verdict: I was really impressed with this film because I thought it would be a typical action movie which I would not enjoy, however I liked the idea of the older and retired action heroes. I normally really dislike Bruce Willis but he wasn’t too bad in this film! I was debating with myself whether to give it four stars but I decided against it because it still didn’t make me what to buy the film on DVD. I did think it was a bit far fetched that Willis’ love interest still wanted to be with him in the end but I won’t think too much into it.

BURKE AND HARE
27th Oct 2010 (15)

Director: John Landis
Verdict: I wasn’t too hyped about going to see this but I felt like I hadn’t been to the cinema in a while and I had withdrawal symptoms. But it’s safe to say that I really shouldn’t have bothered. I wouldn’t need to use two hands to count the amount of times I actually laughed and I found it quite embarrassing at times when it was obvious they were trying to make the audience laugh but no one did. After looking Landis up, I learnt that he is quite an old director and I have come to the conclusion that he must have lost his touch. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment