Tuesday 12 October 2010

WALL S**T

WALL STREET: MONEY NEVER SLEEPS
7th Oct 2010 (12A)

Director: Oliver Stone
Verdict: I do not want to rant too much, but that might mean this review won’t be very long! I went to see this film knowing I wasn’t going to like it but I thought I would give it a chance because it might have surprised me. But it didn’t. I cannot understand why anyone would think this film is interesting and exciting, because it bored me the whole way through; I have to admit that I resorted to playing a game on my boyfriend’s phone because I was so bored! I can also add that five people walked out half way through and I haven’t seen that before. After looking at the storyline on IMDB I noticed a quote; “As the global economy teeters on the brink of disaster” which I should have read before because I have no interest what so ever about the stocks depleting. I found Stone’s direction out of date and quite poor at times and I couldn’t believe how cheesy the ending was compared to the rest of the film. Some people may think I have been harsh but I can definitely say that I will never EVER see another Oliver Stone film again!

LIFE AS WE KNOW IT
8th Oct 2010 (12A)

Director: Gary Berlanti
Verdict: I was looking forward to seeing this film because one of my favourite genres is the ‘rom-com’, I just can’t help but love them. This film was sad to begin with as you know at some point that the protagonist’s friends are going to die, but the mood starts to lift as the laughs begin. I thought that Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel worked well together and their dislike for each other in the film is what made the film humorous. The baby created a lot of laughs and I thought she was impressive. I did enjoy this film but I still don’t think I have seen a five star ‘rom-com’ yet this year. I’m just hoping that there will be more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment