Sunday 24 April 2011

ARTHUR

ARTHUR (12A)

Director: Jason Winer
Verdict: I had already stated in my first 'Pick of the Week' that I was really looking forward to seeing this movie and I really wasn't disappointed. This is a remake, hence why it has had so many bad reviews because it doesn't live up to the original, apparently! I might try and get round to watching the Dudley Moore version but I think it might spoil it because I loved this movie.If you have not seen the trailer for this film then all you need to know is that Arthur is struggling to decide between money and love because his mother forces him to marry Susan (Jennifer Garner) or else he will lose his inheritance. He has to grow up and along the way he learns a lot of lessons. 


I can't even imagine this film without Russel Brand because I thought it was a brilliant casting; I do have to admit that if you hate Brand then you should steer clear from this film because, to be honest, his character doesn't change too much. I loved the relationship between Brand and Helen Mirren and I loved that this film reflects Brand's past problems. I have only just searched this film on IMDB and cannot believe it has only got five stars out of ten. I really think people need to lighten up and forget about the original and see this is an individual film. I understand if people have already seen the original and really love it but for what it's worth I really liked this film. I thought it was funny, sad, happy, lovable and a bit of fun!

Pick of the Week:              THOR

I wouldn't say I am REALLY REALLY looking forward to seeing this because then I would be lying. I figure that this new section should be the best film of the next week and to be honest, there isn't a lot out next week. I may seem like I am being slightly harsh though actually because I do want to see this film. Even though I have already disagreed with IMDB in this post, this film has been rated nearly eight so it could be pretty good. I'm not sure I could even explain what it's about particularly well so why don't you just watch the trailer below? Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment