Wednesday 21 September 2011

WHAT A LAUGH.

Due to being very busy over the last two weeks I haven't been to the cinema in two weeks and I was getting withdrawal symptoms. I love going to the cinema, it's something to do when you want to do something in the evening and I love the atmosphere. It does sound rather nerdy I know but I just enjoy the cinema experience.
I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT (12A)

Director: Douglas McGrath
Verdict: I had seen the trailer and thought it looked alright and I thought I would probably end up seeing it. I had a feeling that it was a book title and learnt later that it is another book adaption. Apparently the book is really good so I'm afraid the book fans are going to be disappointed (in my opinion). The film is based around a mother and wife who struggles to juggle her great career and busy family life.


I can understand that the book is probably good but Sarah Jessica Parker never impresses me and neither does Pierce Brosnan. It was very cringey and I was slightly embarrased at times. SJP had some awful lines which made me want to crawl under a rock. Overall I was really disappointed but maybe that's because I haven't read the book.

THE CHANGE-UP (15)

Director: David Dobkin
Verdict: Me and Dan went to see this film and the next one in one day as we needed to catch up and cinema marathons are always fun. We literally came out one screen and went into the next. I had wanted to this film from seeing the trailer as it looked my kind of film... funny ,a bit of love and you know there's likely to be a happy ending! The film is similar to many other films like 17 Again, It's a Boy Girl Thing and Freaky Friday as the two main characters switch bodies after wishing they had each others lives. The thing that make this film different to the others is that it's funny.


The two actors Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman imitate one another's characters really well and it's easy to believe. I laughed rather a lot and I would definately see this film again. I think it is verging on being stupid as some of the comedy is rather slapstick but it just about gets away with it. Overall I really enjoyed it and I think it was better than expected!

30 MINUTES OR LESS (15)

Director: Ruben Fleischer
Verdict: The trailer for this looked pretty funny so I knew I would be going to see it. The film sees Nick (Jesse Eisenberg) an average guy who delivers pizzas for a living getting caught up in trouble. He gets attacked and a bomb vest gets attached to him to blackmail him into robbing a bank to get them money. I haven't explained this very well I'm afraid. Nick's friend Chet is the funny Aziz Ansari who has been in the recent Scrubs series and creates the most laughs in my opinion.


The film is pretty quirky and does have an independant film feel but I do remember laughing really loudly at times. I would recommend this movie as it's a bit different and will make you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment